Girls Getaways is a travel service offered by Jennifer Anson of New South Wales, trading as Girls Getaways (we, us, our ), on the terms and conditions set out below. We provide a travel booking and advisory service which will allow you, and your co-travellers (e.g. girl friends), (you, your) to purchase travel products (e.g. transport, accommodation, dining and events) from third party suppliers individually or as part of a package of travel products. We act as agent for the third party suppliers of travel products, whose terms and conditions of supply (including cancellation and amendments policies) will apply to your travel request in addition to these terms and conditions.
By making a booking enquiry or request with us, either online or by email or phone, you agree that you have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions.
Once you have made a booking enquiry or request with us, we will send to your nominated email address a Booking Request Acknowledgement with details of your booking request. You must immediately check our Booking Request Confirmation and inform of us of any errors or amendments required. At the time of making a booking enquiry or request, you must give us the names and email addresses of your co-travellers (e.g. girl friends), each of who is then subject to these terms and conditions, as if they had lodged a booking enquiry or request with us themselves.
We will check the availability of travel products before taking your booking request but we do not warrant that your booking request is available for booking. Your booking request is subject to availability at the time that we confirm your booking with the third party supplier.
We do not make flight bookings but may give you recommendations of suitable airlines and flights.
Deposits and Bookings
Our Booking Confirmation will specify the deposit that we require in order to confirm your booking with the relevant third party suppliers of travel products and the applicable cancellation and travel amendment rules that will apply. Once the deposit is paid, we will confirm your booking with the relevant third party suppliers.
Once we receive confirmation from the third party supplier of their acceptance of our booking made for you, we will give you a Booking Confirmation or Deposit Receipt, which will include particulars of the third party supplier’s terms and conditions (including cancellation and amendments policies) and a request for payment of the deposit.
Our standard cancellation policy is as follows:
- A booking cancelled more than 4 weeks prior to departure - $100 per person.
- A booking cancelled less than 4 weeks but more than 72 hours prior to departure –
50% of the total cost of the travel products or package.
- A booking cancelled less than 72 hours before departure – 100% of the total cost of the travel products or package.
Special cancellation conditions may also apply to particular tours and packages and these will be explained when booking these particular tours or packages.
Where the third party supplier’s cancellation policy differs from our cancellation policy, we may choose to charge you according to the third party supplier’s policy, instead of ours, subject to giving you notice in the Booking Confirmation.
No fee is payable for a cancellation made after a Booking Request Acknowledgement is issued but before a Booking Confirmation is issued.
If you request an amendment to a booking request, after we have issued a Booking Confirmation, then we will use all reasonable endeavours to alter your booking as requested but do not warrant that we can do so. If we advise you that your amendment is not available then you may cancel your booking, subject to the cancellation policies mentioned above.
Our Booking Confirmation will detail the amounts and required timings for your payment or payments for your booking. Your failure to pay strictly in accordance with those timings may result in a cancellation of your booking.
You and your co-travellers may pay us directly by credit card (Mastercard and Visa) or by Direct Deposit or by internet bank transfer.
Your itinerary, tickets, supplier confirmations and other travel documentation will usually be provided to you at least 72 hours before departure.
We will use all due care and skill in providing to you a booking and advisory service for your travel needs. However, subject to the application of any consumer guarantees that at law cannot be excluded, we will not be responsible for or liable to you or your co-travellers for any of the following during or as a result of your travel booked via us:
- Any injury or illness
- Any loss or damage to property
- Any cancellation or alteration to your booking made by a third party supplier
- Your displeasure with any aspect of your travel
- The omission of any aspect of your travel by a third party supplier
- Any component of travel which you book or which is booked for you by someone else
- Your failure to obtain country visas or inoculations, whether recommended by us or not
- Your passport having expired or having an insufficient remaining validity period
You indemnify us against any liability that we may have to third party suppliers as a result of any failure on your part to make a payment or for any damage or injury that you may cause during the course of your attendance at the premises or venue of the third party supplier.
To avoid you incurring loss as a result of your travel, we have a strict policy that all of our clients (and their co-travellers) engaging in international travel must hold appropriate and adequate travel insurance. We also strongly recommend travel insurance for domestic travel. This can be insurance of your choice or we can refer you to a supplier of travel insurance or arrange travel insurance for you at your cost. We reserve the right to not accept a booking request or to not make a booking for international travel for any client who indicates that they will not to take out travel insurance or who has failed to provide evidence of their travel insurance when requested by us.
• We will use your personal information only for the purpose of making travel bookings as requested by you.
• We will disclose your personal information as required to third party suppliers with whom a booking for you is made.
• We will not disclose your personal information to any third party except as required by law or to a third party supplier with whom a booking for you is made.
• We may use your personal information for the purpose of communicating with you about your travel booked by us.
• We may retain your personal information for the purpose of informing you about future packages and other travel opportunities (but will delete your personal information if you ask us to).
• We may retain your credit card details until a payment is processed and will then delete those details after final payments are made.
Amendments to these terms and conditions
We may alter these terms and conditions at any time, subject to posting the revised terms and conditions on our website and/or notifying you by email or otherwise at least 72 hours before the alteration is made.
Business Name and Trade Mark
The Girls Getaways brand is a registered business name and registered trade mark of Jennifer Anson, which is protected under New South Wales and Australian laws. The contents of the Girls Getaways website (www.girlsgetaways.com.au) and written materials issued by us are subject to Copyright.
Collecting Moments, Not Things.
"Laughter is an instant holiday, plan a Getaway with the Girls"