If you didn’t know before now, you need a girl’s trip to Hawaii. With tropical waters, beautiful landscapes, a vibrant shopping scene and endless cocktail bars, this sunny collection of islands offers something for all your girlfriends and much more than your classic Mai Tai. Whether you’ve already booked your Hawaiian girls getaway or you need a little extra motivation to get the ladies on board, we hope these girly recommendations leave you eager to take on this tropical paradise.
1. Explore Hidden Beaches
We’re sure you’re familiar with the picture-perfect Waikiki Beach; white sand, lines of palm trees, pastel blue water; but you might not be aware of the countless lesser-known yet beautiful beaches that dot the Hawaiian islands. On the central island of Oahu, a short drive from bustling Honolulu will lead you to the mountain-ringed Kahana Bay, to the secluded Makua Beach or to the turquoise waters of Lanikai Beach; perfect places to spend a lazy afternoon. If you’ve found yourself on Kaui, an afternoon visit to the striking Polihale Beach will not disappoint. Neither will the black-sand beauty, Waipio Valley Beach, on Big Island. A small bag with your beach essentials and, of course, a camera, is all you need to take on these small pieces of paradise.
2. Take on the Trails
For our outdoor lovin’ gals, Hawaii offers some stunning walks, ranging from short coastal trails to overnight ridge climbs. The best thing is; you don’t need to walk a long way to get a great view. For Waikiki stayers, the iconic Diamond Head Crater Trail will lead you to the top of an ancient volcano in less than an hour whilst the gorgeous nearby Manoa Falls Trail is an easy morning walk. If you’re a girl who’s up for a challenge, Hawaii offers some of the world’s most renowned hiking trails, such as the stunning Napali Coast Trail on Kaui. However, if a relaxing scenic walk’s more your style, you’ll still have plenty of tempting options, and an Instagram that’ll make all your girlfriends jealous!
3. Hit the Shopping Outlets
Now, we know that in every girl group there’s at least one shopaholic. If that’s you, here’s a little bit of extra motivation to get to Hawaii with your girlfriends ASAP! You might have heard about the frenzy that is shopping in Honolulu but we’re not sure you’re prepared for the crazy discounts on everything from Calvin Klein to Prada. Of the many outlets on offer, Waikele Premium Outlets is a must-visit, bringing half-price discounts on 50 labels including Kate Spade, Armani and DKNY. Another essential stop is the Ala Moana Shopping Centre, a huge mall that’s home to a large range of fashion, beauty and gift stores at discounted prices. Whether you’re a die-hard shopper or just up for a browse, no girl can resist a good bargain and we promise these outlets won’t disappoint!
4. Set Sail at Sunset
Is a holiday really a holiday if you don’t spoil yourself with something a little out of the ordinary? We don’t think so. One of the best ways to treat yourself on the Hawaiian islands is with a relaxing sunset sail, a beautiful experience sure to become a trip highlight. Not only will you witness a stunning tropical sunset, you’ll also see the islands from a new perspective and create a beautiful memory with your girlfriends. In Waikiki, there’s a range of companies offering sunset sailing, with many providing complimentary nibblies and a glass of bubbly (or two) as you are set adrift. These trips are the perfect excuse to doll up and get that post-card perfect holiday pic with the girls (they’re also perfectly followed up by a few Mai Tais at Rum Fire Cocktail Bar back on land).
5. Sparkle at High Tea
When Hawaii comes to mind, we’re guessing you don’t think of high tea but we’re about to let you in on a little secret that will quickly change that! At the foot of one of Waikiki’s most famed hotels is The Veranda, a beachside restaurant that offers a decadent afternoon high tea. Featuring elegant crockery, this high tea includes a range of delicate sweet and savoury items with duck proscuitto, cracked pepper crab and black sea salt caramel cream puffs all on the menu! A glass of sparkling rose can also be added for those ladies looking to indulge (that’s us). A high tea session at The Veranda is the perfect excuse to glam up and is a lovely final activity to top off your girl’s trip!
So that’s it for our Top 5 Things To Do on a Girl’s Trip to Hawaii! We hope you’re able to tick off a few of these activities with your girlfriends soon. As always, please let us know via Facebook or Instagram if you do as we’d love to see you out and about in beautiful Hawaii!
Best Wishes & Happy Travels,
The GG Team xx
- Jun 23, 2019 India on an Impulse - Story of a Solo Traveller Jun 23, 2019
- Aug 17, 2018 Why you need a Moolies Getaway Aug 17, 2018
- May 18, 2018 10 Things To Include on your Byron Bay Bucket List May 18, 2018
- May 11, 2018 Travel Through the Lens of a Lawyer May 11, 2018
- Apr 27, 2018 5 of the Girliest Ways to Treat Your Mum This Mother's Day Apr 27, 2018
- Mar 5, 2018 Top 5 Things To Do on a Girl's Trip to Hawaii Mar 5, 2018
- Mar 2, 2018 Meet Our New GG Team Member - Kathryn Global Gal Mar 2, 2018
- Mar 2, 2018 Meet our New GG Team - Wendy Relationship Rockstar Mar 2, 2018
- Dec 1, 2017 Top 5 Sydney Walks to do with the Girls this Summer Dec 1, 2017
- Aug 8, 2017 Should your wardrobe be different now you're 50? Aug 8, 2017
- Jul 30, 2017 GG Team Member, Jesse, takes on South Coast Serenity Jul 30, 2017
- Apr 30, 2017 Saying Namaste on Your Wedding Day Apr 30, 2017
- November 2016
- Oct 7, 2016 Top 5 Cocktail Spots In Sydney For Drinks With The Girls Oct 7, 2016
- July 2016
- Jun 14, 2016 5 Ways to Show Your Girlfriends You Care Jun 14, 2016
- May 3, 2016 Our Mother's Day Gift Guide May 3, 2016
- Mar 7, 2016 Top 5 Airbnb Places You Need to Experience Mar 7, 2016
- Feb 22, 2016 Why You Should Pamper Yourself This Weekend Feb 22, 2016
- Feb 15, 2016 A Quick Research Trip to Byron Bay - I love my job! Feb 15, 2016
- Feb 8, 2016 Are you a City Girl or a Country Girl? Feb 8, 2016
- Feb 1, 2016 Has your child just finished school? Why isn’t there a Schoolies for parents?! Feb 1, 2016
- Jan 25, 2016 Taking Time Out For Yourself in 2016 Jan 25, 2016
- December 2015
- Nov 30, 2015 My Favourite Books for a Girly Read Nov 30, 2015
- Nov 23, 2015 Girls Getaways living the Italian dream! Nov 23, 2015
- Nov 16, 2015 Reaching out to your friends in times of grief Nov 16, 2015
- Nov 9, 2015 6 Gift Ideas for Girls in Need Nov 9, 2015
- Nov 2, 2015 Melbourne Cup: the best excuse for a girly day out! Nov 2, 2015
- Oct 26, 2015 Wanderlust destinations around the world! Oct 26, 2015
- Oct 19, 2015 Introducing Jo: the newest member of the Girls Getaways team Oct 19, 2015
- Oct 2, 2015 Mental Health Week Australia: 5 Ways to Nurture Your Mind Oct 2, 2015
- Aug 20, 2015 NYC - we're coming for you! + 5 girly things to do in the Big Apple Aug 20, 2015
- July 2015
- Jun 25, 2015 My latest adventure – a Bali Girls Getaways trip Jun 25, 2015
- Jun 17, 2015 I still spend time with my Mother’s Group – here’s why Jun 17, 2015
- Jun 10, 2015 Australia’s best spa-day packages Jun 10, 2015
- Jun 1, 2015 We are all inspirational – in support of mums everywhere Jun 1, 2015
- May 24, 2015 A bag for every occasion – our new Girls Getaways tote May 24, 2015
- April 2015
- February 2015
- Dec 5, 2014 Bali Blast 2015 Dec 5, 2014
- November 2014
- Oct 23, 2014 A new fresh look....it's exciting. Oct 23, 2014