Here at Girls Getaways, we are constantly on the lookout for unique places to stay when travelling. One of the most important factors is authenticity... We’re chasing new experiences that make us feel like locals.
Naturally, we’ve searched and searched (and searched some more) and here are our Top 5 Airbnb picks that have us dialing our girls for another getaway. Add these to your bucketlist and get saving. Enjoy the wanderlust dreams...
1. Pink House - Barcelona, Spain
We’re crazy about this pinked up house, only 15 minutes away from Barcelona’s city centre, full of tapas and vibrant nightlife. However, if you were more inclined to stay in... we wouldn’t blame you! A lazy day in the sun with your girls at the private pool, complete with day beds and an entertaining area, would be a must at this divine getaway. We also couldn’t go pass the pink fridge - a perfect home for the bubbly!
2. The Seashell House - Isla Mujeres, Mexico
She sells seashells by the seashore… and why not stay in a seashell by the seashore? Fulfilling every girl’s childhood dream of becoming a Princess of the Sea, evoking memories from seashell bikini tops in The Little Mermaid. Surely they custom make somewhere on the world wide web?! The views out to the Caribbean Sea are unlike any other, but our favourite part of the listing is its location - Isla Mujeres - Spanish for “Island of Women”. How appropriate!
3. Borgia Castle - Umbria, Italy
Every woman deserves a bit of quality time with her best girlfriends. Wouldn’t it be great if that quality time was to be found in Umbria, Italy? Rolling hills, olive groves and everlasting vineyards work wonders for nourishing the soul. We know where we want to stay when we visit Umbria... this enchanting castle on the hills, which once belonged to the famous Borgia family. So much to do and see in this sunny side of Italy! Exploring medieval towns, bike riding in farming villages or tasting some of Italy’s finest foods. All of which can be done with a glass of vino in hand, of course. Cheers!
4. Villa Champak - Ko Samui, Thailand
On the hunt for our Top 5 Airbnb picks, sometimes we stumbled across those listings, which we thought were a bit too dreamy. This Koh Samui villa was one of them - but it was just too divine not to make the list! All five bedrooms join to form a courtyard surrounding an oasis-style pool that leads to your private sandy white beach that you call home for the entirety of your stay. There’s just something about slowing down the pace of life, being with your girls and treating yourself to the ocean’s treasures. There was nothing like this when Jen honeymooned there 25 years ago… She might have to go for round two!
5. Paris Palais - Paris, France
This Parisian-style apartment is located in a 16th century building, just a short walk to the greatest art museum in the world - The Louvre. Grab your girlfriends and get lost in the art or in the charming alleyways. According to the reviews, some of the most delightful macarons can be tasted in the alleyway cafes just off Saint Honoré. YUMMM!
So there’s our Top 5 Airbnb picks! The reason we love them so much is because they help us to create moments - moments of feeling like a local, moments of pure indulgence and moments of true laughter with the girls.
We’re collecting moments, not things.
Cara Team GG Social Butterfly x
- Mar 5, 2018 Top 5 Things To Do on a Girl's Trip to Hawaii Mar 5, 2018
- Mar 2, 2018 Meet Our New GG Team Member - Kathryn Global Gal Mar 2, 2018
- Mar 2, 2018 Meet our New GG Team - Wendy Relationship Rockstar Mar 2, 2018
- Dec 1, 2017 Top 5 Sydney Walks to do with the Girls this Summer Dec 1, 2017
- Aug 8, 2017 Should your wardrobe be different now you're 50? Aug 8, 2017
- Jul 30, 2017 GG Team Member, Jesse, takes on South Coast Serenity Jul 30, 2017
- Apr 30, 2017 Saying Namaste on Your Wedding Day Apr 30, 2017
- November 2016
- Oct 7, 2016 Top 5 Cocktail Spots In Sydney For Drinks With The Girls Oct 7, 2016
- July 2016
- Jun 14, 2016 5 Ways to Show Your Girlfriends You Care Jun 14, 2016
- May 3, 2016 Our Mother's Day Gift Guide May 3, 2016
- Mar 7, 2016 Top 5 Airbnb Places You Need to Experience Mar 7, 2016
- Feb 22, 2016 Why You Should Pamper Yourself This Weekend Feb 22, 2016
- Feb 15, 2016 A Quick Research Trip to Byron Bay - I love my job! Feb 15, 2016
- Feb 8, 2016 Are you a City Girl or a Country Girl? Feb 8, 2016
- Feb 1, 2016 Has your child just finished school? Why isn’t there a Schoolies for parents?! Feb 1, 2016
- Jan 25, 2016 Taking Time Out For Yourself in 2016 Jan 25, 2016
- December 2015
- Nov 30, 2015 My Favourite Books for a Girly Read Nov 30, 2015
- Nov 23, 2015 Girls Getaways living the Italian dream! Nov 23, 2015
- Nov 16, 2015 Reaching out to your friends in times of grief Nov 16, 2015
- Nov 9, 2015 6 Gift Ideas for Girls in Need Nov 9, 2015
- Nov 2, 2015 Melbourne Cup: the best excuse for a girly day out! Nov 2, 2015
- Oct 26, 2015 Wanderlust destinations around the world! Oct 26, 2015
- Oct 19, 2015 Introducing Jo: the newest member of the Girls Getaways team Oct 19, 2015
- Oct 2, 2015 Mental Health Week Australia: 5 Ways to Nurture Your Mind Oct 2, 2015
- Aug 20, 2015 NYC - we're coming for you! + 5 girly things to do in the Big Apple Aug 20, 2015
- July 2015
- Jun 25, 2015 My latest adventure – a Bali Girls Getaways trip Jun 25, 2015
- Jun 17, 2015 I still spend time with my Mother’s Group – here’s why Jun 17, 2015
- Jun 10, 2015 Australia’s best spa-day packages Jun 10, 2015
- Jun 1, 2015 We are all inspirational – in support of mums everywhere Jun 1, 2015
- May 24, 2015 A bag for every occasion – our new Girls Getaways tote May 24, 2015
- April 2015
- February 2015
- Dec 5, 2014 Bali Blast 2015 Dec 5, 2014
- November 2014
- Oct 23, 2014 A new fresh look....it's exciting. Oct 23, 2014